Saturday, August 18, 2007

School of the Prophets

I just had a very full but good week. I spent my days and nights this week involved with Bethel's "School of the Prophets," which I think was a dream of Kris' that is now coming true. Prophets and people who lead them come from all over the world to be a part of the school. There were about 250 people this year. I got to sit in on all the sessions. There were various speakers, but Kris was the most inspiring to me. I also got to meet and interact with some cool people.

Kris is carrying and, as far as I know, pioneering a radical message on apostleships. It has been messing with me more than probably any other message in the last year. He says that we, the Church, are moving from denominationalism to apostleships. It seems to make more and more sense to me every time I hear him speak on it.

In denominationalism, people gather because they agree. But in apostleships, people rally around fathers. An apostleship seems to make so much more sense. It seems so much better; so much deeper and enduring. It's a beautiful vision. It's based on love and relationship instead of agreement on cold doctrinal stances. It's about family. In an apostleship it's totally reasonable to say, "Yeah, I didn't really agree with the message this morning, but oh well. That's not why I'm here. I'm here because this is my home, this is my family, and that's my dad."

I've been working a lot on Kris' website in the last month, and this last Tuesday the new site was finally launched! So check it out. The address is:

http://www.kvministries.com

There are still some kinks to be worked out. Like I think it's too slow and it needs a lot more content added, especially to the media section. But it is up and running and functional, which is a relief. There is so much more that goes into having a website like that than I realized. It's not a simple thing. I coordinate with about 10 people to manage it.

My last few weeks have been challenging. I've had a lot of ups and downs emotionally, which isn't normal for me, and there's been a lot on my mind. But at least life is not boring, which I'm thankful for.

Quote of the day:
"God is not trying to keep you safe. He's trying to keep you from a meaningless life." (Kris Vallotton)

3 comments:

everydayVALENTINE said...

hey there- just found your new blog and i am enjoying your insight...keep it coming! it was good to see you back in july and i look forward to seeing everyone at kate's wedding (the baby will be here by then- we are counting the days)! i'll have to add your sight to our blog links. love you- *laura*

Melissa B said...

So good to hear from you Todd, and to know a little of what you are up to, thinking about - thanks for sharing your heart and what God is doing in you and around you. It encourages me. Blessings, mel

Zakaryans said...

katool... nice blog! love the new site. it needs photos! -KZ