Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer So Far

After some encouragement, I've decided to switch from xanga to blogspot. I think I like it better already. It was so much easier to set up, for one thing.

So far this has been a really good summer. I've been working more for Kris, and getting to do a little traveling with him. A few weeks ago I got to go to Atlanta with Kris for a conference. Bill and Eric Johnson were there too. I stayed with one of my roomates from this year who lives in Atlanta named Scott. We had a good time. I mostly worked at the book table 3 sessions a day, which was a full-time job.

Last weekend I hiked/climbed to the top of Mt. Lassen with a few other guys. I wish I had taken my camera. It was probably the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. Almost the whole time there was an amazing view of the surrounding area, and from the top you could see Mt. Shasta really well. It only took us a little over an hour to hike it, even though we were warned that it would take us 3 hours by someone at the bottom. They said 3 up and about 1.5 down. Maybe if you stopped at every lookout place and took your sweet time you could stretch it to 3 hours going up.

I miss southern California, and I don't know if I'll be able to make it down there this summer. But Redding has actually been nice, even the weather. Everybody warned me about the supposedly horrendous summer heat here in Redding, but unless this summer is abnormal, in reality it's not bad at all. It probably averages upper 90's to low 100's, but it's dry heat and there's normally some breeze. Besides, you've got mountains, lakes, and streams all around. I love living here!

Quote of the day:
"When the souls of men learn to rest in confidence upon the living God, peace will possess this world that will be like unto the kingdom of God --- heaven on earth." (John G. Lake)

2 comments:

Zakaryans said...

I love your blogspot! It needs photos though... I liked your blog, it was nice to hear a bit more about what is going on... Kim

Zakaryans said...

I like the new look of the blog... we need a new entry however AND some photos please!