Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter

Wow, it's been 2 months since my last post. I had a great time in southern California over the break. I got to spend time with my family in Orange County, which was really nice. We played lots of Nintendo Wii. I'm now a professional bowler and tennis player!

It was a restful time. One of the highlights for me was going in the spa at night. The weather was so nice and the stars were usually visible. The stars always seem to stir eternity in my heart.

Then I stopped in Santa Barbara for a few days on my journey back to Redding. That was great, as usual. There's something very special about that place for me. It's always refreshing. It feels like a bit of heaven on earth.

Now I'm back in Redding, back in the swing of things with school, work, and my life here. I see the things of my life as continually progressing and prospering... ultimately. Moments of clarity in the midst of the process provide fresh encouragement to press on towards my dreams.


This was the first picture I ever took from my new iPhone! (And all the following pictures, except the family shot, were taken from my iPhone) My family blessed me with this most wonderful gift for Christmas. I think I'm pretty much thoroughly converted to Apple at this point, and loving it.



Here's the fam: Mom, Brent, Kim, Me, Dad. Go Trojans!



Westmont... just makes me want to take a deep breath and give thanks.



Santa Barbara from the top of Gibralter.



I noticed this plaque embedded in a rock on the cliffs in Carpinteria. I can relate...



Santa Barbara sunset... simply beautiful.



This was the end result of our outreach time last week. We helped the kids make "the armor of God."



Boys versus girls (you know who won)



It snowed in Redding this week- twice! This is a rare treat and, though short-lived, it was fun while it lasted.



So far, 2nd year has been challenging, exciting, and quite revealing. I've learned a lot about myself and life in general. I sense God's faithful moving behind the scenes on my behalf, and look forward to what He has in store for me in the days ahead.

Quote(s) of the day:

"It's awesome when I do see. But for most of us, life seems more like driving along with a dirty windshield and then turning into the sun. I can sort of make out the shapes ahead, and I think the light is green." (John Eldredge)

"Vision gives pain a purpose." (Kris Vallotton)

2 comments:

josephjen said...

todd...just found your blog! i'm excited to catch up on your life in redding and what God's been doing with you :) hope you're doing well...

Lindsey said...

Hi Todd, I'm friends with Brent and Kim, so I just found your blog after they sent out a link for theirs. I remember meeting you at their wedding. I was just curious what school you're going to in Redding and what you're studying. I'm in seminary in Portland right now and have really enjoyed my time. Glad to see you're doing well.